Friday, July 29, 2011

A handmade stencil

"Art is never finished, only abandonded"
                                               Leonardo da Vinci
Today the job was to create a stencil and use it in my work. There was no work that I did today other than online so I went back to the background piece I had been working on around day four. I didn't have an exacto knife to cut a stencil so I went really really far back and pulled out my kindergarten skills! I took an 8x11 piece of printer paper, folded it 8 million times and then cut teeny triangles all around the folds. Voila! A stencil!!

I used brown walnut ink spray. The collage components are not permanent yet.
This particular piece of art will keep morphing and changing until I have reached a final stage of loving it....
                 .....or abandoning it.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's perfect--you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Jann! I don't know how i missed this comment but my thanks are better late than never ;o) I'm picking the blog up again and will be posting lots more on art. Hope to hear from you again!

      Delete