Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This Week

This past week has been an incredible whirlwind of events, both happy and sad. I continue to look for heart in everything but have been caught up in the heartbeat of life.
On Friday my mom went into a nursing home. That is a little sad and yet also a little happy. When I visited I realized that she is in the most amazing place, well cared for with a staff of people who genuinely care. You can see that it is a true calling for them. Here, in this place, she is able to interact with a lot more people and to participate in things that can help her keep busy and use some of her mind. So far they have proven to be gentle, kind, caring and interested in her. The facility is immaculate and charming. This all makes it easier. She still doesn't understand why she is not going home with her girls but it is not a possibility for us to care for her in a safe manner any longer. Alzheimer's is a terrible thing and hopefully soon they will have some breakthroughs on a
cure.
I have been steadily studying my online art classes. I can not wait to get started on the fabric journal. That has me so excited!!
I started out with such good intentions to create something on a daily basis but alas, sometimes we just have to admit our limitations and keep working on expanding ourselves to ever greater horizons~~~ with practicality!
I hope you are all well and blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment