Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Moving Through Life with a Zen Vehicle

I want to move through life in a body that is my Zen vehicle.
How peaceful does that sound? Each foot step done in a balanced way. Each breath counting for something. Each cell humming with an awareness of the energy it carries.Or at least thats the way I see a zen body being in my minds eye.
The reality of it is that I'm running through life breathless and feeling as if there is always the next thing to do. But really, aren't we all?
How many people do you see at the grocery store that are so frazzled they can't get passed the little old lady blocking the isle fast enough. Eyes wide, hair standing on end, nerves taught they hold their breath waiting for her to see them and get the hell out of the way.
Change channels to a different reality. Little old lady is blocking the isle. The mom with three kids in the cart pauses, smiles, notices how cute the little old lady is, takes a deep cleansing breath, is fully embodied and aware of that moments energy, calm and peaceful. By the time she releases her breath the little old lady has moved. The kids are quiet and serene. They feel mom is centered and calm.

Or is that a calgon commercial? Yes I think I just slipped into a calgon reality. I really need a vacation.

When I took the zen vehicle photo I thought I was taking it because of the line of the fence and the angles. When I got it back all I could see written on that fence was ZEN....ZEN....it was calling me. What is it about that calm peacefullness that is so appealing? Do the buddhist monks really feel serene all the time or are they just better at hiding lifes aggravation.
In an interview on television the Dalai Lama once killed a fly. It was aggravating him.
If the Dalai Lama can kill a fly on national television I'm pretty sure the little old lady doesnt stand a chance.
Still I say throw caution to the wind and do your best to embrace a calm presence and state of mind. Be fully in your body and completely aware of whats happening all around you. For the most part I don't think you will truly want to demolish the little old lady blocking the isle in your local grocery store. There are days, of course, where things will become so aggravating that you will have to take action. Just kill the fly and don't apologize for it.
And don't worry about it later. Your still in possession of your zen vehicle, doing the best you can to navigate life.
Take a breath and know its not all that serious. Smile, knowing life is full of flies.
We can still be happy in our Zen vehicle.

Todays Creative Act
I will be making cloth journals. Deliciously filled with all kinds of antique lace, material, prepped pages waiting for someone to add their life, photos and writing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment